‘Grave concern’ over separate SSW fatalities

Sibanye-Stillwater CEO Neal Froneman said the increase in fatalities was “of grave concern” as the miner reported four deaths from two separate incidents in South Africa on Friday.

An employee at the Khuseleka shaft, at the Rustenburg PGM operations, passed away about 2.30am due to a fall of ground incident.

Hours later, three colleagues at Beatrix’s 3 Shaft died after a trackless mobile machinery incident at 10am, the company said.

It also confirmed a fatality earlier last week at the Beatrix gold mine due to a blasting incident.

Read the full story here.

SEE MORE ON SOCIAL MEDIA